|Questlogs using this decklist|
|Journey Along the Anduin - 1 Player - 2021-01-03|
|Fellowships using this decklist|
|Card draw simulator|
Odds: 0% – 0% – 0% more
The gameplay simulator is an experimental feature and is currently only available for those that support RingsDB development on Patreon.
How to play:
- In most cases, mulligan for Vilya. However, if there is already a viable target in the staging area (such as the Hill Troll in Journey Along the Anduin), you may wish to mulligan for The Great Hunt.
- Recruit Master of the Forge early on to help with finding Vilya.
- The second target is Imladris Stargazer, who will time the deck for optimum uses of Vilya and card draw.
- The next targets are Gildor Inglorion and Firyal. The fact that these allies are in sphere gives some flexibility in how they are brought into play if required.
- Keep collecting copies of Vilya in case the one attached to Elrond is lost. Master of the Forge can keep finding these spare copies as well as providing a deck shuffle when needed.
- Use Argalad's ability to manage the threat in the staging area and/or kill a small enemy (his ability is very useful against the Goblin Archers in the Dwarrowdelf cycle).
- Use Advance Warning and Noiseless Movement to control enemy engagements.
- The Great Hunt can be paid for as normal, or be played for free using Vilya.
- Be aware that The Great Hunt does not defeat enemies, it only discards them. So quest cards that require you to defeat a non-unique enemy (such as Passage Through Mirkwood 3B) must be fulfilled by defeating that enemy.
- Be aware that The Great Hunt does not send enemies to the Victory Display, so while it can clear the Hill Troll in Journey Along the Anduin (which helps with quest card Journey Along the Anduin 1B), you will not get the 4 Victory Points and the card will go into the Encounter discard pile.
- The deck can run in 'Green Mode' without Vilya. 16 Allies and 15 complimentary events are all in sphere or neutral. Even if you have Vilya in play, if you do not know what the top card of the deck is it may be worth using Elrond for questing, defending or attacking.
I would welcome any feedback or comments.