These are a pair of Hobbit themed decks I made using cards from the first 2 full cycles, HoN, EaAD, TMV and the first 4 saga boxes. After using them for a few different scenarios I decided I didn't really like the decks, they feel very weak and rely on lucky draws from the encounter deck to win.
After using these decks I have now used every hero I currently to beat a scenario, except Spirit Pippin!
I think these decks could be improved with some more cards, and I would probably pick some different Hobbit heroes, as I didn't feel Fatty Bolger was very useful and Bilbo Baggins could probably be replaced with a lower threat hero and more card draw.
- The Hunt for Gollum 1/2 (The loss was due to Old Wives' Tales in setup and then another round 1 into 2 Hunters with 2 Signs, I won by avoiding almost all the Hunters through luck)
- Passage through Mirkwood 2/2 (I had "Don't Leave the Path" both times, but Merry and Bilbo were sufficiently equipped to deal with Ungoliant's Spawn)
- Journey along the Anduin 2/2 (These decks were quite good at building up strength before engaging the Hill Troll, and the others enemies were not too much trouble)
- Into the Pit 1/2 (I had Crumbling Ruin in setup and lost 2 heroes, then had another round 1 and lost Bilbo. I decided to call that a loss. The win was close, relying on Faramir at the end to help quest enough to clear the final stage in 2 rounds. I did also have my first successful use of A Watchful Peace and Small Target in this quest, using a Goblin Swordsman to kill off another Swordsman)
- Road to Rivendell 1/2 (Loss: Sleeping Sentry. I won with great luck, only defending 3 times in the whole scenario and rushing through stages as quickly as possbile)
- Encounter at Amon Din 1/2 (I lost my first attempt by revealing too many locations and failing to make progress. I failed to quest and handle the enemies and it spiralled out of control. The 2nd game was the opposite story with very few locations slowing me down)
- A Shadow of the Past 1/2 (I used Dúnhere instead of Frodo Baggins for my first attempt and it went terribly so I swapped to Éowyn. I did have a lucky Hide test success with just Merry exhausting, but held on long enough for Bilbo and Merry to deal with the Black Riders. I think Glorfindel probably would have been better than Éowyn but I wanted to avoid using him)
Any feedback would be great!