|Questlogs using this decklist|
|The Temple of Doom - 2 Players - 2019-11-10|
|Fellowships using this decklist|
|None. Self-made deck here.|
|Card draw simulator|
Odds: 0% – 0% – 0% more
This is a thematic deck built for an ongoing series on my blog, Darkling Door.
Theme: A small party of dwarves
Played Against: Nightmare The Antlered Crown
"He had hardly turned the knob, before they were all inside, bowing and saying “at your service” one after another. Dori, Nori, Ori, Oin, and Gloin were their names; and very soon two purple hoods, a grey hood, a brown hood, and a white hood were hanging on the pegs, and off they marched with their broad hands stuck in their gold and silver belts to join the others. Already it had almost become a throng."
—An Unexpected Party, The Hobbit
This is a Fellowship Contract Dwarf deck that takes advantage of multiple stacking bonuses.
Mulligan for: King Under the Mountain, as it's the deck's only draw engine and you'll probably stall out without it.
- In the first few rounds, it's super important to get your Ally count up as quickly as possible. Don't be afraid to exhaust Thorin Oakenshield for Captain's Wisdom or Nori for We Are Not Idle on the first round if it helps you get an Ally down
- Fili is an excellent early game play, especially if you also have A Very Good Tale (which you can then use right away)
- Only play down Narvi's Belt if it helps you get an Ally into play on the same round; otherwise save the resources and see what you can get next round
- Hold onto The Arkenstone until you have a bit of a swarm down--you don't want to overwhelm yourself with the extra card too early
- Don't be afraid to chump block with some Dwarves in the late game if damage starts to build up--you can probably replace them next round as a way to "heal up"
- Stand and Fight and (believe it or not) Brok Ironfist are both great ways to keep up your Fellowship bonus if you are forced to chump block during the combat phase
- Replace Ever My Heart Rises with Cram in quests without Underground or Mountain Locations, and drop Bombur entirely (sorry buddy)
- Replace Reforged with Parting Gifts in multiplayer, as the deck builds up quite a few extra resources once it gets going
► For more analysis, check out my blog post on this deck.