|Questlogs using this decklist|
|Fellowships using this decklist|
|None. Self-made deck here.|
|Card draw simulator|
Odds: 0% – 0% – 0% more
The gameplay simulator is an experimental feature and is currently only available for those that support RingsDB development on Patreon.
- There is a strong range of Allies, typical to those that you would normally see in a Vilya deck (credit must go to Seastan here as it was he who refined the general Ally suite used in most Vilya decks).
- There are 2 copies of Haleth, both to the increase the chances that one will be left in the deck after the starting hand draw (so that Messenger of the King can target it) and as a backup Ally in case (MotK) Haleth is destroyed.
- There are 3 copies of Faramir as his ability works well with a large range of Allies in play, and supports (MotK) Haleth's ability.
- Imladris Stargazer times the deck to optimise uses of Vilya and card draw. She should be a priority once Vilya is in play.
- Master of the Forge is not included, as his ability is covered by (MotK) Haleth.
- Attachments make up 22% of the deck, giving (MotK) Haleth a good chance of finding one each time her ability is triggered.
- Other than Vilya, unique Attachments are kept at single copies.
- Protector of Lórien is initially intended for (MotK) Haleth, with subsequent copies going on the other Heroes. Duplicate unique Allies can be discarded to boost (MotK) Haleth's (or ).
- Unexpected Courage is ideally suited to (MotK) Haleth and Elrond, given that they will exhaust every turn.
- Light of Valinor is obviously best suited to Glorfindel, though Glorfindel should be used for questing in the early turns (even without Light of Valinor) if needed to ensure a successful quest.
- Asfaloth doesn't directly support the deck's main engine, but is a great utility card for clearing locations.
- Heed the Dream is a great search card and should primarily be used to find Vilya, Imladris Stargazer and A Test of Will (in that order).
- Elrond's Counsel is the deck's threat control, and also includes a small boost to support (MotK) Haleth's ability.
- A Test of Will is a standard utility card, but is kept at 2 copies to minimise interference with Vilya. Heed the Dream can be used to find it, and Imladris Stargazer can time the deck so that it is drawn into hand.
How to play
- Mulligan for Vilya.
- Use Messenger of the King to get a copy of Haleth from your deck and turn her into (MotK) Haleth.
- Prioritise successful questing every turn to trigger (MotK) Haleth's ability. When her ability triggers, Vilya is obviously the priority.
- Use Heed the Dream to find Vilya, Imladris Stargazer and A Test of Will (in that order).
- Put the first available copy of Protector of Lórien on (MotK) Haleth. When you need to use Protector of Lórien, pay for the effect with duplicate unique Allies if you can.
- Once Vilya is in play, use it every turn, blind if you have to.
- Once Imladris Stargazer is in play, use her to time the deck for optimal uses of Vilya and card draw.
Many thanks again to penninck.
I would welcome any thoughts or comments.