|Questlogs using this decklist|
|Fellowships using this decklist|
|None. Self-made deck here.|
|Card draw simulator|
Odds: 0% – 0% – 0% more
This is a thematic deck built for an ongoing series on my blog, Darkling Door.
Theme: The Rangers of the North
Played Against: Nightmare The Dread Realm
"‘I have thirty with me,’ said Halbarad. ‘That is all of our kindred that could be gathered in haste… We rode as swiftly as we might when your summons came.’"
—Halbarad, The Passing of the Grey Company, The Return of the King
A Side Quest-driven solo Dúnedain deck.
- Thurindir should fetch The Storm Comes. Clear it as quickly as possible, since it is vital for paying for Allies.
- Vigilant Dúnadan is the deck's primary defender, especially with a Wild Stallion attached. Don't be afraid to use Heed the Dream to fetch it early if needed.
- Guardian of Arnor is great for defending against bigger Enemies; use Outmatched to get more uses out of him when possible.
- It's probably safe to keep any Enemies with 2 engaged with you forever, and maybe one or two with 3 too. But anything more than that should be killed quickly, in case its shadow effects get out of hand.
- Don't bother paying for Heir of Valandil until it saves you at least 2 resources; hold onto it until you can make use of it.
- There's a single copy of Dúnedain Remedy to help clean up direct damage dealt to Heroes; fish it out with Heed the Dream or Gather Information if you're likely to need it. In the later rounds there should be plenty of extra resources lying around to keep everyone healed up.
- Will of the West is tech specifically to help beat The Dread Realm; it can be omitted from the deck altogether if playing against a different quest.
► For more analysis, check out my blog post on this deck.