|Questlogs using this decklist|
|Fellowships using this decklist|
|None. Self-made deck here.|
|Songs Like Trees||3||1||3||2.0|
|Card draw simulator|
Odds: 0% – 0% – 0% more
The gameplay simulator is an experimental feature and is currently only available for those that support RingsDB development on Patreon.
AJ_800 has a newer deck inspired by this one: Songs Like Trees
This is a deck designed to maximise usage of Treebeard by drawing and discarding a lot of cards.
How to play:
- Mulligan for Song of Healing or Rivendell Minstrel.
- Song of Healing goes on Treebeard as soon as possible. Once it is attached, maximise use of Treebeard's ability, then heal by discarding cards (with the healing effect boosted by Elrond). The second and third copies of Song of Healing go on Elrond and Erestor.
- There is a copy of Ent Draught for each Hero, with Treebeard being the first target in order to give more room for damage.
- There is a copy of Protector of Lórien for each Hero, with Erestor being the first target. Erestor will then be your primary defender.
- Vilya goes on Elrond, giving him the sphere. Unless Elrond is needed for questing, defence or attack, use Vilya every turn.
- Once Vilya is in play, Unexpected Courage can be brought into play (either with Elrond's resources or with Vilya itself). All copies of Unexpected Courage go on Treebeard.
- There are 10 Allies at Cost 2-3 in the deck. These will generally be paid for with resources, be used for their useful ability, and can then be used as quest treachery fodder, and chump blockers.
- The higher cost Allies will generally have to wait for Vilya, or until your resources build up.
- Daeron's Runes, Mithrandir's Advice and Heed the Dream will keep you drawing cards (giving some choice in the case of Heed the Dream).
- Gandalf and Keen as Lances provide a range of options, including further card draw and threat reduction. These cards are the only threat control in the deck, so should be used for that primarily.
- Once Vilya is in play, Will of the West can be played each time a copy shows up using a resource from Elrond. If the discard pile is empty or nearly empty, discard Will of the West at the end of the round and wait for a copy to come back around. Do not waste Will of the West as they are removed from the game once used.
- Keep in mind that you will draw your entire deck every ~7 rounds (6 cards starting hand + 28 cards normal draw + 6 cards Daeron's Runes + 9 cards Mithrandir's Advice + 3 cards Heed the Dream = 52 cards in 7 rounds). This is without any further card draw from Gandalf, Keen as Lances, Galdor of the Havens, Haleth, Master of the Forge or Rivendell Minstrel. As some Allies and Attachments stay in play as the game progresses, this deck cycle will speed up.
- Whilst some of your starting hand will be wasted, once you have a Song of Healing and/or Protector of Lórien in play, you should not waste many cards.
- Remember that, if you need extra , it is more efficient to get it by damaging Treebeard and healing with Song of Healing than it is by using Protector of Lórien. This is because Elrond's healing boost effectively makes each card discarded to heal Treebeard with Song of Healing worth 2 .
I would appreciate any feedback or comments.