|Questlogs using this decklist
|Fellowships using this decklist
|None. Self-made deck here.
|Card draw simulator
Odds: 0% – 0% – 0% more
DECK NAME - I Was Not Gentle
"Lurking by a stagnant mere, peering in the water as the dark eve fell, I caught him, Gollum. He was covered with green slime. He will never love me, I fear; for he bit me, and I was not gentle."
OVERVIEW - In stage 1B, intentionally quest so that you don't quest "successfully" while you get your board state set up. That way you don't reveal the extra encounter card. Keep your threat low and make sure to take out any Mordor type enemies as soon as possible. Once you control at least 1 clue objective just quest your way to victory.
- Aragorn - attach A Burning Brand, Blood of Númenor, Celebrían's Stone, Steward of Gondor, Sword that was Broken, and 2X Unexpected Courage
- Glorfindel - attach Light of Valinor and Asfaloth
- Mirlonde - eventually try and keep her ready rather than questing with her; her combined with Glorfindel and Aragorn is enough to kill Hunters from Mordor
- OPENING HAND - look for Asfaloth, Gléowine, Master of the Forge or Ranger Spikes
- STAGE 1 - commit heroes to the quest such that you're questing for 0 or a negative result; you'll take a threat hit but no extra card revealed while you start loading attachments onto Aragorn; use Aragorn's refresh ability and/or other threat reduction cards to keep you below 34 threat; move on past stage 1B when ready (usually 7-10 rounds)
- STAGE 2 - don't advance to 3 until you have a clue attachment
- ALLIES - don't put them out early as you won't quest with them and you don't want Pursued By Shadow to wreck you; it's okay to put out Gléowine and Master of the Forge for card draw however
- CARD DRAW - Gléowine, 3X Master of the Forge, 3X Daeron's Runes, and 3X Mithrandir's Advice
- THREAT REDUCTION - Aragorn's refresh action, 3X Elrond's Counsel, and 3X The Galadhrim's Greeting
- A Test of Will - save for Restless Hunters during stage 3 usually
- Asfaloth - so clutch in this quest
- MORDOR ENEMIES - don't let them accumulate; once Aragorn has his tools, he can easily defend and ready; the 8 between all 3 heroes will kill Hunters from Mordor