|Questlogs using this decklist|
|Fellowships using this decklist|
|A Very VERY Good Tale!|
|None. Self-made deck here.|
|Card draw simulator|
Odds: 0% – 0% – 0% more
I'm expecting to lean HEAVILY on Galdor of the Havens, Círdan the Shipwright, and Daeron's Runes to filter this deck. There are a lot of things I want to find fast, and I'm not sure which ones I need first. Here's a guess at the "best" order:
- Vilya, to be used once per turn. At least one Imladris Stargazer and one Unexpected Courage to go with it would be nice.
- Arwen Undómiel for armor.
- Narya AND Light of Valinor, to get extra ally combat going while still questing lots
- At least two Song of Kings, so that Reinforcements can be played. It's hard to say if this is more or less important than ValiNarya.
- We probably want one Legacy of Númenor, as early as possible, and then never play the other two.
- Galadriel is not important by herself, but serves as extra questing while helping with all of the above attachments.
- Not that any single copy is important alone, but there are 3x A Test of Will here, and 1x Dwarven Tomb earmarked for more A Test of Will.
Certain other things are less critical:
- King Under the Mountain helps the other deck find its events.
- Gamling - but, I think this deck should ALWAYS run 3 Escort from Edoras, and at least one Háma. I suspect that if Gamling is in play before the last Escort and the last Hama leave play, that will be plenty good enough.
- Spare Hood and Cloak is generically useful, but also makes Wiglaf matter.
- Imladris Stargazer is primarily for making Vilya matter, but also can be used to spot-check before Prince Imrahil and/or A Very Good Tale.
- Leather Boots are for Faramir, Gildor Inglorion, maybe a Northern Tracker.
- With 3x Elrond's Counsel, I expect this deck to do fine at threat. I hope Favor of the Valar and Song of Eärendil will be enough to save the other player, without spending a turn to Double Back or using up a lot of card slots.
- Late in the game, I expect to use a Will of the West on my own deck, then the second one on the other deck a bit later.
- There's not a lot of healing here, because I hope to see allies fighting (and probably dying), but there needs to be some healing for treacheries and heroes and such.
The original plan here involved Song of Battle, Feint, Open the Armory, Gondorian Shield, and various other things to go with all that. There was also some chance of using Elfhelm to go with Gamling. I've decided to focus on ally combat instead, and only block with heroes in a pinch.
A Burning Brand still might be worthwhile, for Elrond or Gildor Inglorion, but we have other options for bad shadows. Most of those options cost resources, but so does A Burning Brand initially. Fingers crossed that what we have will be good enough.